The Board of Commissioners of Pike County have established the COVID-19 Assistance Fund to assist businesses, municipalities, and nonprofit organizations located in the County. The Assistance Fund will use the $5,040,047 in CARES Act funding that the County received. Based on community input received to date, the Board of Commissioners anticipates distributing the available funds as follows:
- Businesses – Sole Proprietors and Businesses with $1 million or more in revenue but less than 100 employees: $500,000
- Businesses – Hospitality and Tourism: $1,379,247
- County and Municipal COVID-19 Expenses: $1,250,000
- Nonprofit Organizations exempt under section 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(19): $500,000
- Emergency Services: $600,000
- Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Services: $60,000
- Broadband: $200,000
- PPE Reimbursements: $350,000
- Administration: $100,800
These uses are subject to change as new guidelines are released by the state and federal governments.
Applications are available at PikeForward.com. Applications are due August 28.
Businesses in Pike County with less than $1 million in revenue must apply for the Pike County Small Business Forgivable Loan Program, which is funded through the Community Development Block Grant, in order to be eligible for this funding.
Interested applicants can contact Robert Ruiz from Pike County Human Services at (570) 296-3434 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Hailstone from Hailstone Economic at (570) 687-6112 or email@example.com.
Watch the Webinar to Learn More