Pike County Government Buildings Under New On-Site Office Hours

Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Pike County facilities will continue to operate under the current schedule of restricted on-site hours and accessibility until such time as Governor Wolf moves Pike County from the Red to Yellow Phase of his process to reopen Pennsylvania.

Visitors to county facilities are encouraged to wear masks, to cover their mouths and noses, at all times while transacting essential business within county facilities.

The Administration Building at 506 Broad Street, in Milford; the Prothonotary’s Office in the Pike County Courthouse at 412 Broad Street, in Milford; and the Community Planning Office and Workforce Development Agency at 837 Route 6, in Shohola will operate on-site from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. by appointment only for essential business, Monday through Friday. The public should call the specific department or office in advance of visiting any of these facilities during on-site hours. Contact information is provided below.

Service beyond on-site hours will be by telephone and email only.

After 12:30 p.m., the public should call the numbers listed below for direction to needed services.

A list of county business that can be conducted online or by phone is available by scrolling below the list of contact information.

County Office Contact Information

Area Agency on Aging - Robin Skibber - Services are continuing on limited basis - 570-775-5500

Assessment - 570-296-5936

Board of Elections - Nadine Manzoni – 570-296-3426

Children & Youth Services - Ginger Refice - 570-296-3446

District Attorney - Raymond Tonkin - 570-296-3482

Finance - Sharon Bartsch - 570-296-3538

Commissioners Office - Gary Orben - 570-296-3569

Community Planning - Michael Mrozinski - 570-296-3500

Mapping/ GIS - Gary Orben - 570-296-3420

Penn State Extension - 570-296-3400

Prothonotary - Denise Fitzpatrick - 570-296-7231

Public Defender - Robert Bernathy - 570-296-5266

Recorder of Deeds - Sharon Schroeder - 570-296-3508

Tax Claim - Cindy Gehris - 570-296-3407

Transportation - Robb Ruiz - Limited services are being provided - 570-296-3408

Treasurer - John Gilpin - 570-296-3441

Veterans Services - Brian Evichin - 570-296-3563 or 570-352-8213 (cell)

Workforce Development - Cindy DeFebo - 570-296-2909

For information on Pike County Courts, District Magistrates, and Probation,
please contact these offices.

Courts - Samantha Venditti - 570-296-3556

Adult/Juvenile Probation - Jeffrey Angradi - 570-296-7412

Domestic Relations - Jeffrey Angradi - 570-296-3544

Magisterial District Judge Deborah Fischer – 570-296-8108

Magisterial District Judge Alan Cooper – 570-296-7726

Magisterial District Judge Randy Schmalzle – 570-296-9650

Magisterial District Judge Paul Menditto – 570-828-2880

Sheriff Kerry Welsh - 570-296-6459

Before coming to any County facility, please call first regardless of the time of day. This is to protect the public and county employees.


 Below is an update on the status of
Pike County government services,
as well as a compilation of resources available
for conducting county business online or by phone.

Area Agency on Aging

The Pike County Area Agency on Aging will be operating its Home Delivered Meals program from the Blooming Grove Senior Center and Lackawaxen Senior Center for meal distribution and pick up only.

The Dingmans Ferry Senior Center, Eastern Pike Center for Active Adults at Matamoras Fire Department, and Saw Creek Center for Active Adults will be closed until further notice.

The AAA main number: 570-775-5550 is the contact for any senior in need of nutrition services in this period of closure.

Pike County AAA staff are contacting any congregate consumers who may be in need of nutrition services or other services in this time period.

Assessment Office

The public can access the county’s online Geographic Information Access System at gis.pikepa.org.

For all other inquiries, the public can call the Assessment Office at 570-296-5936.

Community Planning

Subdivision and Land Development plans will continue to be reviewed and processed for recording. Applications and procedures for these items are available on the Community Planning website.

Please call ahead if you require an in-office appointment related to these and other Planning services.

The public is asked to postpone any non-essential business with the Community Planning Office. Call 570-296-3500 for more information.

Children & Youth Services

Pike County Children & Youth Services have limited staff available in its offices.

Caseworkers are working remotely and are available as usual for investigations/referrals, a Supervisor is available in the office daily.

Childline referrals continue to be investigated as required by law.

For more information, call 570-296-3446.

Court Administration

At least until April 3, 2020 the Pike County Court of Common Pleas will be operating under an Administrative Order issued by President Judge Gregory H. Chelak, which limits the operations and ongoing business of the Court. For more specifics, download the Administrative Order in the News section of the Pike County Court System website.

Conservation District

The Pike County Conservation District building is closed to the public but staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Staff are responding to questions regarding your water resource needs, technical programs, and working on rescheduling programming we have had to postpone due to COVID-19. The best way to contact the District at this time is via mail, email, and phone which are checked on a regular basis. Below are some updates on services:

Educational Programs
Please check our events page and social media platforms for updates on educational programs and workshops that have been scheduled.

Erosion Control (Chapter 102)
Plan reviews are being conducted by staff remotely; site visits/inspections resumed on May 11, 2020.

Engineers and contractors should use the drop box at the front entrance of the Conservation District Office to submit any necessary project materials that cannot be shared with District staff by email. The drop box will be checked on a regular basis.

Waterways and Wetlands Management Permits (Chapter 105)
Permitting process and forms are all available on-line. Completed forms can be e-mailed to PCCD and will disseminated for review and acknowledgement.

Any complaints will be addressed on a case by case basis. If inspections are necessary, social distancing will be exercised.

Any required payments related to permitting or Pennsylvania Natural Diversity Inventory (PNDI) submissions can be mailed to PCCD.

Pike County Conservation District
556 Route 402, Suite 1
Hawley, PA 18428

Elections Office

The Pike County Elections Office webpage at PikePA.org provides a link to VotesPA.com Pennsylvania Department of State resources related to voter registration and absentee or mail-in ballot applications.

Deadlines for the 2020 election cycle can be found on the Pike County Elections Office webpage by opening the link “2020 Election Important Dates” under Downloadable Documents.

Other downloadable documents available through the Elections Office webpage include the voter registration application, absentee and mail-in ballot application, and Campaign Finance Report.

Sample Ballots will soon be posted on the webpage.

An instructional video on how to use Pike County’s new voting systems is also available on the webpage.

GIS Mapping / Tax Administration

The public can access the county’s online Geographic Information Access System at gis.pikepa.org.

Searches can be conducted by:

1 Owner Name (Last name first)



    Included information Control #, Map #, Mailing Address, Property Desc, Steb Date, Deed Reference, Assessed Value

    Grantor Info.

2  Control Number/Account Number (Last six digits only)



3  Map Number (Enter in all decimals and dashes)



4  911/Physical address

Tax Maps are available online using any of the above tools.

For more information, contact the GIS/Tax Administration Office by email mapping@pikepa.org or phone 570-296-3420.

Penn State Extension

Official Statement from Penn State Extension on face-to-face to workshops:

Due to the continued spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus and the unprecedented challenges it poses to communities across Pennsylvania and around the world, Penn State Extension has decided to cancel all public events and programs through at least May 15th, 2020. This decision, though difficult, was made in the best interests of the health and safety of staff, local communities, organizations, and the citizens we serve. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation. If you have questions, please call 1-877-345-0691.

To support its customers during the pandemic, Penn State Extension is offering its library of online courses for free through May 10. Read the press release.

Penn State Extension extends free course offerings.pdf (69.46 kb)

View the list of free courses HERE.

Recorded Webinars

COVID-19 Stimulus Benefits and Your Small Business Update Webinar

Pennsylvania Legislation Update - How Local Governments Can Now Conduct Business

Upcoming Webinars

Tools and Techniques for Managing COVID-19 Recovery Costs Webinar

When: Monday April 27, 2020 12:00 PM-1:00 PM

Federal funding programs are currently available that provide an opportunity for your community to better respond to and recover from the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The Tools and Techniques for Managing COVID-19 Recovery Costs Webinar will take you through overviews and best practices that you and your teams can utilize.

Link: Tools and Techniques for Managing COVID-19 Recovery Costs Webinar

Garden Hotline LIVE!

When: Friday May 1, 2020 12:00 PM-1:00 PM

May Flowers and More! Join us for the second episode of the Garden Hotline LIVE! webinar series as our expert Master Gardeners and Extension Educators from across the state answer a selection of your spring garden questions.

Link: Garden Hotline LIVE!

Ticks and Tickborne Diseases in Pennsylvania

When: May 5, 10:00 AM-11:30 AM

The Ticks and Tickborne Diseases in Pennsylvania Webinar is for woodlot owners and will focus on what can be done to control ticks in the environment.

Link: Tick and Tickbourne Disease Webinar

Creating Recipes with Food Safety in Mind Webinar

When: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 6:30 PM-7:45 PM

Join us for Penn State Extension’s new Creating Recipes with Food Safety in Mind Webinar, a peer-reviewed program utilizing the Partnership for Food Safety Education’s Safe Recipe Guide and Penn State Extension’s new food safe fact sheets, research and best practices to make existing or new recipes safer by including food safety prompts.

 Link: Creating Recipes with Food Safety in Mind Webinar

Soil Test Kits and Water Testing


The Agricultural Analytical Services Laboratory at Penn State remains open; however, they have implemented an emergency contingency plan and are operating at limited capacity. To allow the laboratory staff to devote their efforts to meet critical needs, they request that only high priority samples be submitted at this time. These include agricultural samples associated with food/crop production and drinking water tests.  


While Extension offices are closed to the public, resources are still available to get your agricultural samples and drinking water tests to the lab. Soil tests can be mailed to the lab with payment using the online form (https://agsci.psu.edu/aasl/soil-testing/fertility/soil-fertility-submission-forms). Alternatively, soil and drinking water test kits can be requested directly from the lab (aaslab@psu.edu814-863-0841) and mailed to your address.


Penn State Extension Website

To keep office traffic to a minimum we will encourage our external stakeholders to access educational materials through our website extension.psu.edu. These materials are available in a wide variety of formats including, articles, webinars, online courses, learn now videos and publications.


Website Articles

 Providing Safe To-Go and Food Delivery Services

Common Ingredient Substitutions

Sheriff’s Office

The public can access the following items through the Sheriff’s Office website:

  1. List of active bench warrants
  2. Application for Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms Permit. Applications by U.S. Mail --> LTC Announcement.pdf (169.92 kb)
  3. Application for employment
  4. Sheriff’s paper service process receipt & affidavit of return
  5. List of Sheriff Sale dates
  6. Instructions on Drug Take back
  7. Civil Paperwork service and fee schedule


The public can access the following items through the Prothonotary Office website:

  • eFile Marriage License
  • Fee Schedule for the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, and Clerk of the Orphans’ Court
  • Passport Information. For Passport forms go to travel.state.gov

Recorder of Deeds / Register of Wills

The Recorder of Deeds Office offers records online (uslandrecords.com). The office also accepts e-filing and mail-ins for all documents.

If required, walk-in documents may be left at the Security Desk of the Pike County Administration Building. Documents are collected on a regular basis for processing. 

The Register of Wills Office website features a link to an online search service (INFOCON), available by paid subscription. Contact the Pike County Recorder of Wills by email sschroeder@pikepa.org or phone 570-296-3508 if you require copies of documents found through INFOCON or for Letters for Probate.

Other will-related documents should be mailed to the Pike County Recorder of Wills at 506 Broad Street, Milford, PA, 18337.

Contact Recorder of Deeds / Register of Wills, Sharon Schroeder, by email sschroeder@pikepa.org or phone for more information.

Tax Claim

The Pike County Tax Claim Office offers the following online services:

1.Ability to pay taxes via credit card

2.Search by name online for delinquent taxes

3.Sales listed (as they are available) along with info about the sale.

4.Forms for Bidder Registration as well as the Repository Bid Sheet


Under the latest guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) related to COVID-19 precautions, Pike County’s public transportation services are running on a limited basis for the next two weeks, for medical and food purposes only.

At this time the Pike County Transportation Department is only servicing life sustaining trips, such as chemo therapy, dialysis, and pharmacy. We will also ensure that riders have access to food such as supermarkets and food pantries. We are asking our riders to reschedule their non-life-sustaining medical appointments for 2-3 weeks. 

Please contact the Pike County Transportation Department at 1-866-681-4947 or 570-296-3408 for more information.


The Pike County Treasurer’s Office offers the following services through its website:

  • Annual Dog License
  • Lifetime Dog License
  • Fishing Licenses (include PA website)
  • Permanent Identification Verification Form (PIV)
  • PA Bingo Law
  • Bingo Application
  • Frequently Asked Questions About Bingo Law
  • Small Games of Chance Overview
  • Small Games of Chance Application
  • Special Raffle Permit

Any disabled veteran needing to apply for a Pennsylvania Fishing License can make an in-person appointment by calling 570-296-3441.

Veterans Affairs

All questions for Veterans Affairs services or support groups should be directed to Director Brian Evichin by email bevichin@pikepa.org or phone 570-296-3563.

Workforce Development

The Pike County Workforce Development Agency website provides useful links to employment resources and other agency services.

Updates are available through the Agency’s Facebook page.

Additionally, downloadable documents include the Agency’s monthly newsletter, brochure, and the 2019 job fair directory.

Useful links:

Comments are closed

For more information visit PikePA.org.